If you have a codec problem, and are not a "power" user, I suggest you first install on your computer a Codec Pack.
If you want more precise information, then use AVIcodec which will tell you the codec required and where to download it.
- Warning !
I am not the author of www.avicodecpack.com, which contains a trojan spyware !
- Recognized formats :
- Natively : AVI & DIVX, ASF & WMV, Real (.rm, .rmvb), Ogg (.ogg, .ogm), Mpeg-(S)VCD-DVD (.mpg, .vob),
- Others : all those handled by DirectShow (.mp3, ...).
- Features : install program, tooltips, drag & drop support, accessible from contextual menu in Explorer, export of all the information, recusive directory analysis, ...
- Languages : Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Hungarian, Korean, Polish, Portugese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian.
If your language is not there, please help me to add a translation in your language.
- Code : Borland C++ Builder 6. Source for
1.2 last version
I decided to release this code to the community because I do not have any time to continue the developpement to release 1.3 version
which should have merged with MediaInfo project.
- Explications en franšais :
- Contact : Philippe Duby (Lyon, France)
- Download location :
Last version (1.2 build 113 - jan 2007) can be downloaded here :
Poland with INSTALKI.pl,
USA with Softpedia.com
- Last codec database :
codecs.xml, to be put in AVIcodec directory